Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Who is rue?" and a look at the past.



Some of you that are visiting here for the first time, might be asking, "Who is this Rue broad and what blog did she have?" Well, the thing is, I had a blog called 'Rue's peanut butter and jelly life'. I started it almost 10 years ago, after a lot of my friends started blogging that were on HGTV's Rate My Space with me. Remember that site? It seems like a life time ago and I guess it was. 

Anyway, I started out like most do, with a crappy camera and a very plain blog, much like this one was (at first), but as time went on I started to get a pretty good following and eventually I got the camera that I'm using now (a Canon G10, which I suppose is really outdated now) and the blog became pretty fancy with all the bells and whistles. I even had my own button...


It was mostly about my life, as well as the house that I owned, then sold, then a house search, then an unexpected move and then another house, which ended up being a beautiful house after three years of hard work and one that I thought would be my forever home. 

I had what many would say was a charmed life and I thought I had one as well, until some bad things happened and my entire world changed. So, I woke up one day, after being told that we had to move once again and realized that the blog that I had started wasn't anywhere close to reality. It's not that I lied, it's just that I was lied to and not just about the move. So, in a small fit of anger I shut down the blog and then stupidly erased it. Afterwards, I realized what an idiot I was to do that, because I never saved all the pictures that were on there. 

I could still kick myself... ugh.

That was about 3 or 4 years ago and after being gone from blogland for so long, I started to miss it. So, I started this new blog and although I'm not really sure what to do with it right now, I'm starting fresh and clean, with a throw back to the past, only on this post (for the most part).

I was lucky to find a few pictures of the last house I had. They're not great, but it's all I have left, so I thought I'd share them. For some it'll be a look back and for others they'll be brand new. Either way, I hope you enjoy them :)

Here is the house, built in 1908, when I first bought it, before I had done anything to it:

and during the siding removal....


and after the wood siding was painted....




The entry hall and stairs, during the removal of the flooring that the previous owners had put over the original floors, and after I removed the carpet off the stairs:



And this is the after...



Removing the rest of the flooring in the house...


and the after...


The finished room:


At Christmas:


The finished dining room:




The den:




The breakfast room before:


During:


And after:






The kitchen when I toured the house:


After I moved in, but before it was fixed up:


After, but before we removed the bad flooring, due to a leak:


After that:


^^
The hole in the bottom cabinets, on the right, was a lazy susan that I took out and turned into a dog bed so that they could be in there with me, but not under my feet.






 The mudroom:


Master bedroom:


Guest room:




Bathroom:


There was another bedroom, but I couldn't find a decent picture of it and also another bathroom that I can't find any pictures at all.

Anyway, here's the back porch:


The garage:


And lastly the back fence:



Going through all those pictures was something else. All the work we did.... Oh well, even if I can't live in it, at least I was able to bring it back to it's beautiful self for future generations and I can be proud of that :)

I hope you enjoyed the tour. It was definitely a trip through time for me.

Now onto the future and all that it holds!

Until next time,
rue

67 comments:

  1. Rue, I loved seeing your house again, especially the before/afters. When I saw your gorgeous iron and glass outdoor table, it was like seeing an old buddy. The house's transformation is magazine worthy. So happy your are blogging again. I really missed PBJ. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That table is on my front porch now and painted yellow :)

      And thank you.... I missed you too xo

      Delete
  2. It's me again...I came back to bookmark your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very beautiful! I just found your blog from imagery by Kimberly. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kim dearly and I'm so glad you found me :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hey sweetie. I am so, so happy to see you here again. I have thought about you so often.
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! I'm glad you found me. I missed you :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hey Rue. Really timely and insightful post for me. The photos are lovely, but I especially liked your perspective about blogging and life. hugs, Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Rue is back! I'm so, so happy. I followed you years ago, and STILL want a dresser in my kitchen for an island. I continue to be on the hunt. Your placement of the fabric on the backside sold me.
    I hope your life is happy. I love your new home, it's so darned cute... Welcome back, bring us some more color and unique decor. Please, please, all the boring gray walls, same granite and tutorials on how to paint furniture have gotten old... ;) I continually return to Kimberly's blog as she will post colorful lawn and house pictures, and of course her cutie pie granddaugher.... Glad you're back..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you MimiG :) I wish you luck in finding your dresser.

      Yes, I am happy and thank you!

      xo

      Delete
  7. Welcome back Rue! Looking forward to following you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually check Brenda's blog at Cozy Little House, and when she mentioned you and your new blog I decided to check it out. Your blog is now saved on my bookmarks bar, next to Brenda's, so I can see you both every day. Welcome back to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing your house again...thanks for sharing pat h

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful house! I'm glad you still had some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember your home. I am glad you found some pictures.

    Sorry you had to leave it and I detect some serious sadness.....but remember that old and true adage "When one door shuts another one opens."

    Blessings be yours. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorry I had to leave it too, but I'm definitely happier now on the whole, so it all worked out in the end :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Very nice to see you back . I still have my blog but haven't written on it for years so it's just sitting there . I & many other gals from RMP talk & share pictures on FB

    http://marystreasuredmemories-mariah.blogspot.com/ My name on FB is ( Mary K Troyer Rabatin )

    Your pictures of your old home are very nice .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Good to hear from you!!

      I actually remember that last post. It has been a long time.

      Good to hear from you again, my friend :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  13. We have never met, and just found you in fact, but I feel like I have known you for a very long time - kindred spirits in so many ways. Congrats on your new blog and blogging about what is authentic to you in this season of life - and for taking time to share whenever you feel like it.


    big hug
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhh..... Nikki!! I went to check your blog so many times, but you haven't posted in something like 2 years, so I wasn't sure what to do. SO glad to hear from you!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  15. Rue,
    It is so hard to leave a home you've put your heart and soul into. But, it sounds like whether it's a fixer-upper opportunity or in your personal life, you manage to make lemonade from lemons. Your new home is just gorgeous. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely home and what a glorious tour-I can see all of the work and all of the love you put into it.
    Whatever happened, you are moving forward and the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missed you! Hope life is good now and that there is much love surrounding you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a wonderful house! That staircase and fireplace are beyond amazing. Good luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a NEWBIE so I was never fortunate enough to to visit Your first blog (love the name). I saw this while visiting Brenda's Site. I love what I see here. Love Love the pictures of your other house. I understand about having the almost "Perfect " life and then having it all end. New life in a new state that I never wanted to live it......Everything is different....My new life is now an old life. Going on 10 years. Part of that old life I miss is my son. He died shortly before I moved.
    I'm rambling. Sorry. I tend to do that at times.
    Have a wonderful week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. The last comment makes me sad :(.

    I don't know how I missed this post, but glad I found it now. I have to say my jaw dropped when I saw that you removed the siding and added wood siding. That takes guts, and I can tell you it would be a hard sell with my hubby if I ever proposed something like that. But he's a guy. Enough said.

    It's clear you love your pooches. Removing a lazy susan is an act of love if ever there was one. ;).

    Your home was beautiful Rue, and I can imagine how difficult it was for you to leave it, but the one you're in now is even prettier and more importantly, you're living an authentic life now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHAT a STunning house you turned it into, and how your heart would have grieved to leave it behind... but every day is a new adventure, so I trust that we shall see your happiness grow with this blog.. didnt know the other one, but looking forward to keeping up with this one** hugs froma cross the pond.J

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - what wonderful renovations and design work - great job. I imagine it was sad to leave there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember following you on the renovations. You made it such a beautiful home. Looking forward to sharing this new journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the pics of your house and reading about you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful home! Good luck with your new blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful. Home is where your heart is and it seems you've moved on and your heart will be there too. I'm learning to do that since I moved to Nashville from my home of 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Replies
    1. Rue I remember your other blog and enjoyed following you through your renovation. You did a beautiful job renovating and I know from experience it's hard work.

      Delete
  28. I remember this house and all the work you put into it, it's a shame you not living there anymore. I was a regular reader of your old blog although I'm not sure I ever left a comment. I'm glad to see you have a new blog, which I found completely by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm in shock that I'm just finding your new blog. I'm Pattie from Pearls To Hide My Neck. I remember being so very sad when you decided to quit blogging and I've thought of you often over the years. My blogging days are over but I couldn't be happier to find this "part 2" of your life. I'm certainly enjoying reading up on where your life has taken you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pattie!!! I sure hope you see this! I looked for you when I came back and you were GONE. Not that I can say anything lol But still I was so disappointed. I'm so glad you found me again! I missed you, my friend.

      Many (((hugs)))
      rue

      Delete
  30. I'm sorry to read about the unhappy happenings in your life. I'm just finding you, and you look like you are in a good place now. I hope so! You are one very talented lady, and gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That house is BEAUTIFUL! So much time & energy that went into every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can you believe I just saw this! I never knew you even responded. I just read thru more of your blog. I think I'm most in shock at how grown up your kids are. What happened to us! Good lord. Also, I'm loving the new man in your life. He looks like quite the perfect fit for you. I'm so thrilled that life is treating you well. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Rue,
    So happy to run across your new blog. I was a huge fan of PB&J and even had my own blog (Housepeepers) back in the day. How I loved your Ohio house and am so glad to be able to see some finished pictures. I adore your style.
    Hope you, your hubbie and kids are doing well!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow....what a beautiful place. I love all the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so glad I found your new blog! I have always loved it for inspiration and so glad the house has come along so well. (Really, I looked for you today in order to get inspiration for a kitchen island!) Yes, I remembered part of your story about the kitchen island and wanted to take a look at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. I remember that lovely home, but I must say... I love your 'lil cottage more... So sweet, cozy and homey.... Blessings to you Rue.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stop with the scamming nonsense. It's rude and intrusive on someone else's blog. Make one of your own and post this nonsense there.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Best herbal remedy for herpes_____________________________



    fix broken Relationship/Marriage..




    Reach out to.. R.buckler11 ((( gmail…… com )))



    United States

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It means so much to me that you took the time and I read each and every one. If you don't have a blog, look for a response under your comment. I try to get to them within a few days :)

For some reason, the comment box doesn't always show up, so if you want to leave a comment, replying to someone else's comment seems to work. Also, I've had to switch from safari to chrome in order to comment on blogger, so that might be the issue. If not, you can always reach me via email, located on my side bar. Thank you!