See this light fixture?
It has a twin that used to be where this hole is.
When I came back from camping last weekend, it was raining hard and I was on the phone with my mom telling her about the trip, when suddenly I heard a big splash. I turned my head to see my original 30s kitchen light fixture hanging by electrical wires and rain pouring through the hole.
Now when I say pouring, what I mean is that I had my own personal waterfall.
Amazingly enough, Bubba was in his bed one foot away under the island, and didn't seem to care. He just slept through it.
So, I somewhat calmly told my mother to hang on (calmly because she'd panic) while I grabbed my trusty stool and carefully unscrewed the glass part, so that it wouldn't break.
Lucky it didn't and by some sort of miracle I didn't get electrocuted.
Yeah, I know, but that fixture is important to me.
Then I got off the phone and called the insurance company.... then the company that was supposed to fix the leak in the first place..... and then eventually my new electrician/plumber/ handyman.
He was the only one with a brain.
He came out an hour later, took the remaining fixture down and preceded to tell me that there's a gaping hole in my roof about 6 inches by 10 inches.
Luckily, he knew how to fix the leak and is coming back to put more shingles on.
Guess what else?
My electric water heater died.
That had to be fixed too.
And to top it off I'm sick with some weird stomach/flu/icky thing.
When it rains it pours.
Oddly enough my friend, Kim had a leak as well. I know just how thrilled she is that we have that in common ;)
So, I apologize for this post, but I'm a little grumpy.
Now I'm going to go watch Coming to America and try not to think about all of this.
And eat chocolate Easter eggs.
Don't judge me ;)
Thank you for being so kind to Jessica. You guys are the best!